Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall Birthday Party Menu

Two of my girls - my oldest and my youngest - have birthdays within 3 weeks of each other. We don't normally do a birthday party every year for every child. Do some people do that?? But, we do usually have a big family party for the 1st birthday.

This year, we decided to combine the girls' birthdays into one celebration with family and friends. We really didn't invite too many families. But my husband is 1 of 8 kids and most of our friends have 3 or 4 children. All in all, we were expecting about 40 people.

Excited for the girls. Wondering where people were going to sit. Trying to think of creative party games for LOTS of kids. Trying to think of a yummy/cheap/easy menu.

Here is what I ended up doing:

Chili (I made 6 batches of chili the day before the party. We have a nice screened in porch that doubles as a refridgerator in the cooler weather. I served it with shredded cheese (which my oldest did in the food processor with my help) and tortilla chips.)

Carrots and homemade spinach dip (also made the night before).

Apple slices and homemade caramel dip.

48 cupcakes (baked the day before and decorated the morning of).

Lemonade.

It really was so easy and extremely affordable. I did have pb&j supplies on hand for the moms who wanted to make one for kids who don't like chili. Everyone with a non-chili eater just fed their child the other items though.

We had a great time (on a budget we could afford) and I know the girls felt celebrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment