Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Wells Fargo Wagon is a Comin'

In my efforts to make whole foods as affordable as possible for our family, I became a member of a natural foods buying co-op, and I also place dry goods bulk orders with Country Life Natural Foods.  This is new for me.  Planning my need for groceries for the month is taking some getting used to.  Items I thought would last us 2 months were gone in 2 weeks and others I thought would last 3 months are looking more like they may last 3 years.  Live and learn.  And order again.

Both the co-op order and the bulk foods order are due to arrive next week, and in the mean time we are scrounging.  We are running low on every sweetener in the house, making baking quite difficult.  Raisins are at a premium and my kids have asked more than once, "When are the raisins coming again?"

I had planned to bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies today.  Nope - not enough sucanat.  So, I thought I would try the Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip muffins.  Hmmm - again, lack of sucanat.  So I settled on reworking our go-to granola bar recipe to concoct a chocolate chip version.  Can you tell mom is in the mood for chocolate?

They are in the oven now, and I will promptly report back with the recipe if it is worth sharing.  Here's hopin'!

(I'm also hopin' there is at least one fan of Music Man out there who now has the aforementioned song playing in her head.  For the rest of the day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment