Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why Cut the Chicken in Half?

My hubby and I went away for 1 night last weekend.  First time in 4 years we spent the night away from home without the kids.  We were whooping it up at the Illinois Christian Home Educators annual convention.  Fantastic. 

However, while we were whooping it up, it happened to be the very same weekend that the "chicken ladies" (there are two) at my farmer's market were going to have chickens for the first time in weeks.  When I went yesterday, chicken lady #1 was completely sold out and won't have any more until mid July.  Chicken lady #2 came through for me.  She still had a few chickens left.  Whole chickens.  But, cut in half.  I'll take 'em!!!  But, what??  Why did they cut them in half?  There must be a reasonable explanation, but I am picturing a chicken processing plant akin to Willy Wonka's office in the original Gene Wilder version. 

I guess I cook it the same way I would if it weren't cut in two.  I'll just look at it with one eyebrow raised the entire time in wonderment.

No comments:

Post a Comment