Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Early Bird Gets the . . . eggs?

Our farmer's market opens at 8:00am on Saturday and Tuesday.  We are not farm folk.  We are typically not dressed at 8:00am.  But if you want to get the good stuff, you better be there bright and early.  I get that.  My family does not.  So, once again we are eggless, and my big plan to serve scrambled eggs with spinach this evening sort of, well, cracked.  Oh well.  I can always hope to get there bright and early Tuesday morning, right?  A girl can always hope.

I did end up buying a local, grass-fed, hormone and antibiotic-free chuck roast though.  I am pretty excited and pretty nervous about it.  My plan is to remember to defrost it :), pop it in an oven safe dish of some kind (it's much bigger than I was expecting it to be, so I am not sure what dish), and cook it for about 3 hours at 300 degrees.  I've heard good things. 

And since I spent $20 on it, I'm hoping for good things.  And leftovers.  Like I said, a girl can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment