Thursday, August 27, 2009

Homemade Maple Syrup Recipe

Here is the recipe for the" Very Easy to Make Even Though I Am Slightly Annoyed Every Time I Have to Make it Maple Flavored Syrup":

Maple Syrup (recipe from the indispensable More-with-Less cookbook by Doris Janzen Longacre)

Combine in saucepan:
1 3/4 c. white sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. water

Bring to a boil, cover, and cook 1 minute.

Cool slightly.

Add:
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. maple flavoring

Cover saucepan for a few minutes as syrup cooks to melt down crystals; helps prevent syrup from crystallizing later in storage.

Recipe credited to Elsie Epp, Marion, S.D.

Don't be scared away by the fact that my last post was about a moldy jar of syrup in my fridge. It was NOT THIS RECIPE. I was trying to switch things up a bit and try something new last time. Just for fun. Mold is not fun. I'll be sticking with this recipe from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment