Sunday, August 16, 2009

This Week's Plan

I have three methods of meal planning which I use during different seasons of life. Right now, I typically use the "One Week at a Time" method. For the past several weeks I have been planning specific dinners for specific days and been a little more loose with the lunch options. Since I do my shopping on Mondays (yes, I try to do it all in one day every week), I usually have a completed plan by Sunday night. Here is this week's plan:

Monday - Roasted Chicken and potatoes, salad with veggies from the garden (the ones that the chipmunks so kindly left behind for us to enjoy anyway)

Tuesday - Tuna Melts, fruit

Wednesday - Popcorn, smoothies, veggies and dip and GAME NIGHT!! (I can hear the Trouble popper already!)

Thursday - Sloppy Joes (big plans to sneak a shredded carrot into the mixture), fruit, corn on the cob

Friday - Waffles, homemade blueberry syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage (no way am I awake enough to offer this kind of spread first thing in the morning - dinner it is!)

Saturday - Homemade Pizza and MOVIE NIGHT!! (Stay tuned to find out which family-friendly movie hits the small screen this week . . .)

Sunday - Black Beans and Brown Rice, yogurt, salad (again, barring massive chipmunk invasion)


So, there it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment