Thursday, May 20, 2010

Garden Pressure

Is anyone else feeling it?  Suddenly, what was once our little gardening hobby which has amused me the last two years needs to actually feed us.  What?
When I started our garden (so NOT the one pictured above - I believe that one belongs to Martha Stewart), my goal was to teach the kids something about digging in the dirt and watching something grow.  We reached our goal and had fun doing it.  With our new found conviction to eat organic and local, I am realizing more and more that in order to afford food, "local" actually needs to mean "in my own yard" as much as possible.  Yikes.  But, I'm always up for a challenge.
I was very excited to see this timely guest post at Kitchen Stewardship on Organic Gardening.  I'm looking forward to following this series and hopefully producing more than last year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment