Sunday, May 16, 2010

This Week's Plan


I recently received a huge bulk order of dry goods from Country Life Natural Foods. I know most of you are in love with Azure Standard (and I don't blame you!), but they don't deliver in my neck of the woods. I have been very pleased with Country Life, and would definitely recommend them. My order has left me knee deep in dried beans and flours of all sorts. In my effort to serve nourishing foods and control costs as much as possible, I am trying to plan meals that use what I have and just buy fresh produce, meat, eggs and milk. My 6 Week Rotating Meal Plan, which you can read how to create here, has been a HUGE help with both budget and sanity as I have tried to improve the way I feed my family. This week is week #5 for me.

Dinners this week:

Steak fajitas, homemade salsa, avocados, brown rice (I serve these with rice instead of tortillas. My family just prefers them that way.)
Chiliburgers (a patty made with beans (I'm using kidney this week), rolled oats, carrots, onions, garlic, cumin, chili powder, soy sauce, mustard and ketchup) with lettuce, tomato and avocado served in pitas, baked potato fries, fruit
Mexican Mix-Up (using ground beef, black beans, brown rice and yogurt cheese)
Tuna Salad, whole wheat toast, veggies
Scrambled Eggs (served using one of these suggestions to keep it interesting), muffins, fruit
Bean soup with homemade chicken or beef stock and veggies, bread, raw milk cheese (This is my chance to use up whatever beans, stock and veggies I have the most of!)
Pizza, salad (We fellowship with our church family every other Sunday through dinner time, and pizza and salad is the usual menu.)

Come on over to Organizing Junkie's meal planning round up to browse over 300 bloggers' meal plans for this coming week! You'll be sure to be inspired!!

2 comments:

  1. the chiliburgers sound interesting... I might have to try them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your meal plan looks wonderful! thanks for stopping by my blog; i look forward to exploring yours. =)
    emily
    home2learn.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete